Sunday, September 28, 2008

Abby Is Learning to Read...

Fall 2008

Instead of starting Abby in Kindergarten, I've decided to spend this school year helping her learn her letter sounds and alphabet (pre-school stuff). But, to my surprise, she has already learned most of her letter sounds, even though she can't always remember all the letter names. I've decided to use the "Sing, Spell, Read and Write" curriculum with her and she is loving it!

She is very proud to have her "school work" displayed on our kitchen wall. We hang up all her letter pages as she completes the workbook pages for it. After she gets to the letter "z," we plan to put the pages in sheet protectors and make a book out of them. She is really enjoying learning and keeps asking me when she is going to be reading. I tell her it will be very soon. She's very excited about reading!






No comments: